(BIVN) – A community forum on Puna roads was held at the Hawaiian Pardise Park Activity Center on Saturday.
State Representative Joy San Buenaventura organized the meeting to talk about the condition of roads in Puna and provide progress updates for highway 130 and other roads.
In the above video:
- 00:00:00 – Rep. Joy San Buenaventura makes introductory remarks.
- 00:07:09 – Donald Smith, the Hawaii Dept. of Transportation’s new Big Island District engineer, speaks, primarily about Highway 130. Smith is a resident of Hawaiian Paradise Park and personally understands the challenges Puna motorists face.
- 00:19:20 – Rep. San Buenaventura talks about the recent state legislative session, and how Puna roads fared in Capital Improvement Project funding.
- 00:25:13 – Presentation on the history and status of the Puna Community Development Plan by Jon Olson and Larry Brown.
- 00:48:27 – Hawaii County officials give a presentation on how private roads become County roads. Speaking are Allan Simeon and Kason Pacheco, both with the Hawaii County Department of Public Works, and executive assistant to the mayor Roy Takemoto.
- 01:14:24 – Puna councilwoman Eileen O’Hara speaks.