Hilo, Hawaii – On April 26th 2011 at 6:00 pm, Hawai’i State Senator Gilbert Kahele will launch his new website, http://www.senatorkahele.com, which he hopes will allow him another means to communicate to and interact with the people of Senatorial District 2 on the Island of Hawai’i.
“Having been in session at the legislature over the last few months, I’ve found that social media is a valuable way to interact with and listen to the unique communities on the Island of Hawai’i and across our State”, says Kahele.“Although I prefer to see people face-to-face, it is my hope that this website will be another avenue to reach as many kama’aina as possible”
The website features useful tools, including:
· The latest news about Senator Kahele
· Current priorities for the various districts that comprise Senatorial District 2
· Content and status of bills that the Senator has introduced, sponsored or supports
· A calendar of Senator Kahele’s current and future activities and events
· Opportunities to sponsor or host an event with Senator Kahele
· Monthly “Talk Story 2.0 with Senator Gil Kahele” live web chats where you can join the discussion about specific issues in Senatorial District 2
Visit the website at http://www.senatorkahele.com to view the live streaming video of Senator Kahele’s official launch.