Hawaii National Park, Hawai‘i – Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park announces the following upcoming flight plans:
- Wed., Sept. 18, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. over ‘Ōla‘a, near Wright Road in Volcano Village
- Wed., Sept. 18, between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. over Red Hill, Mauna Loa cabins and Mauna Loa summit
- Thurs., Sept. 19, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at Kīlauea summit
- Tues., Oct. 8, between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. to Halapē
- Fri., Oct. 11, between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to Halapē
The park regrets any noise impact to residents and park visitors. Dates and times are subject to change based on aircraft availability and weather.
Management of the park requires the use of aircraft to monitor and research volcanic activity, conduct search-and-rescue missions and law enforcement operations, support management of natural and cultural resources, and to maintain backcountry facilities.