- KA’U FARM BUREAU MEETS IN PAHALA – The Ka’u Calendar has a detailed report on Monday night’s Ka’u Farm Bureau meeting at the Pahala Community Center. Speakers included Ka’u Farm Bureau President Ralph Gaston, as well as the former president Chris Manfredi, of Na`alehu, who is now President of the statewide Hawaii Farm Bureau.
- VIDEO: Council Approves Grant For Na’alehu Park Kiosk – A resolution (590-14) granting $4,300 to the non-profit ‘O Ka’u Kakou for the installation of a kiosk at Na’alehu Park kiosk got the approval of the Hawaii County Council on November 19. Video below features an explanation by then-councilmember Brenda Ford. Maile David now represents the district.
VIDEO: November 19, 2014
- TRAFFIC ALERTS: Here are the planned lane closures on Highway 11 for December 6 through December 12, courtesy the Hawaii Department of Transportation:
- NEXT KA’U CDP MEETING – The Ka‘u CDP Steering Committee meets again on Saturday, December 13, at 10:00am, at the Na’alehu Community Center. Its a continuation of the meeting that started on October 14 and was continued to October 28 and November 15. The committee hopes to conclude “discussion of and Recommendations for the September 2014 ‘Working Draft’ of the Ka‘u CDP” as well as a “Review of and Recommendations for the Proposed Approach to Community Review of the Draft CDP.” More info at www.kaucdp.info.
1) VICINITY OF VOLCANO TO KAPAPALA RANCH
Alternating single lane closures on Volcano Road (Route 11) in both directions between Milepost Markers 45.6 and 39.5 in the vicinity of Volcano to Kapapala Ranch, Monday, December 8, through Thursday, December 11, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., for roadway pavement reconstruction.