(ABOVE) Hawaii Island Weather Alert map plots the area under a National Weather Service Flash Flood Warning
UPDATE – 11:26 a.m. HST
- The Flash Flood Warning has been discontinued but a Flash Flood Watch remains in effect for Hawaii Island.
- Volunteers with the American Red Cross say they are responding to a report of residential floodin on Akoni Pule Highway in Kapaau. Red Cross disaster volunteers will meet with affected residents and ensure their immediate emergency needs for food, shelter and clothing are met.
- There is a Flash Flood Warning posted until 8:45 a.m. HST.
- National Wether Service radar showed areas of heavy rains over Kohala and along the Hamakua Coast. The areas of heavy rain were nearly stationary.
- Route 270 near Keokea Beach Park is closed until further notice due to flooding.
- Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to Kahua Ranch, Waipio Valley,Mahukona, and Honokaa.
Hawaii County Civil Defense message: