- HIGH SURF ADVISORY is in effect for Hawaii Island until 6 p.m. HST Monday. South facing shores are forecast to see wave heights of 6 to 10 feet.
- HAMAKUA CDP DRAFT: Hamakua CDP Team and Steering Committee are scheduling the Draft CDP review process, report county planning officials. This means that a CDP Draft document will soon be available for review and comment.
- KALOPA STATE PARK – Saturday, July 25: (11 a.m.) The Annual PMKCA General Membership Meeting, Potluck Picnic and Bingo Blast at Kalopa State Park starting at 11:00 am.
- WAIPI‘O VALLEY – Sunday, July 26: (noon) The Feeding Leaf events and catering company (TFL) will present a five-course benefit luncheon for the nonprofit Pōhāhā I ka Lani at the secluded Waipi‘o Tea House. Each course will be paired with a different type of kalo, to complement the specific foods being served.
ROAD WORK / CLOSURES
- HAKALAU (WEEKEND/NIGHT WORK) Alternating lane closures on Umauma Bridge in the vicinity of Hakalau (Route 19, Milepost 16) in both directions over a twenty-four hour period, seven days a week for bridge rehabilitation. Travel speed on Umauma Bridge is reduced to 20-mph, and vehicles that exceed statutory size-weight limits will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis upon application of their respective oversize-overweight vehicle permits. Maximum width for any vehicle with permit passing over the bridge is 12 feet. (Hawaii DOT)
- LAUPAHOEHOE: The access driveway to the Laupāhoehoe Small Boat Harbor is closed due to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Laupāhoehoe Harbor Breakwater Repairs project. The repairs are projected to be completed in February 2016.