- Mauna Kea Access Road: Open (4-Wheel Drive Only). The Visitor Information Station remains closed and no services or facilities are available.
TMT / Ku Kia’i Mauna
- Lā 123: One hundred and twenty three days since the start of the blockade on the Mauna Kea Access Road by opponents of the Thirty Meter Telescope.
MAUNA KEA MANAGEMENT
- TUESDAY: Mauna Kea Management Board meets at noon on July 28, 2015 at the ʻImiloa Astronomy Center. MKMB plans to convene an executive session, which is closed to the public.
- Hunting Hiatus: Hunting will be on a hiatus at Pohakuloa for three weeks as “Army staff focus on enhancing U.S. Army Garrison Pohakuloa’s hunting program,” according to the U.S. Army Garrison PTA. The hiatus runs July 18 through August 3.
- Hunting survey: The public is invited to take an online survey about hunting at Pohakuloa. The community can complete the survey online through Aug. 21. It takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete. (MORE: PTA Hunting Survey)