PAHOA, Hawaii – The first in a series of political forums hosted by the Arts and Sciences Center in Pahoa was held on Monday night at the Hawaii Academy of Arts & Sciences.
The three state senate candidates for Puna’s district 2 seat, Sen. Russell Ruderman, and Councilman Greggor Ilagan (both Democrats) and Libertarian Fred Fogel participated.
It was a unique format. The public was invited to write down questions and place sticky dots by the ones they wanted to have answered by candidates.
Notes from the featured video:
- 00:00 – Leah Gouker welcomes the community to the forum and invites the senate candidates, Sen. Russell Ruderman, Councilman Greggor Ilagan, and Fred Fogel to the stage.
- 01:20 – Greggor Ilagan introduces himself
- 03:38 – Fred Fogel introduces himself
- 06:15 – Russell Ruderman introduces himself
- 10:25 – “How will you support charter schools?”
- 13:55 – “How will you support Hawaii’s energy independence?”
- 17:50 – “Where does your campaign money come from?”
- 24:55 – Alternate Route Out Of Puna
- 29:15 – Ruderman closing statement
- 31:00 – Fogel closing statement
- 33:50 – Ilagan closing statement
The next Arts and Sciences Center forum will be held on Thursday, June 23 and will feature the Hawaii County Council candidates for district 4 and 5. The event starts at 5:30 p.m.