HAWAIIAN SHORES – The Democratic Party candidates running for Puna’s district 2 state senate seat, incumbent Senator Russell Ruderman and his opponent, Councilman Greggor Ilagan, spent nearly an hour and a half on July 9 fielding questions from a panel of Hawaii County Democratic Party members.
The forum was held at the Hawaiian Shores Community Center, also known as The Stables.
Notes from the featured video:
- 00:00:00 – Introductions
- 00:05:00 – What does the separation of church and state mean to you? What is your stance on Pro Choice vs. Pro Life?
- 00:10:00 – Should Hawaii Island’s state-run hospitals be privatized? Public-private partnerships?
- 00:15:40 – Will Puna ever have a Dept. of Human Services office in their district? (transportation discussion included)
- 00:21:50 – Do you support a Puna Makai Alternate Route?
- 00:29:00 – How would you help organic farmers? (GMO legislation discussion included)
- 00:36:50 – Would you support a publicly-owned power company on Hawaii Island?
- 00:41:30 – Do you support home-rule?
- 00:46:00 – Would you support or oppose a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United?
- 00:50:20 – Name the top financial contributors to your current campaign.
- 00:56:45 – What role does compromise play in being a successful legislator? Give some examples.
- 01:04:00 – What senate committees would you like to serve on?
- 01:13:10 – RAPID FIRE YES/NO: Decriminalization of marijuana? Do we need more geothermal development? Ban Styrofoam in food packaging? Member of the NRA?
- 01:14:20 – Final statements.
by Big Island Video News
PUNA (BIVN) - Democratic candidates for the District 2 state senate seat, Sen. Russell Ruderman and Greggor Ilagan, went back and forth during another round of questioning July 9th in Hawaiian Shores.