(BIVN) – Hawaii County Civil Defense issued the following message on Friday morning at 6 a.m. HST:
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that Fissure 8 continues to be very active and is feeding a lava channel to the ocean at Kapoho. The flow is producing a broad ocean entry along the shoreline, and is also oozing fresh lava at Kapoho Beach Lots. Gas emissions from the fissure eruption and laze at the ocean entry continue to be very high. The National Weather Service reports trade winds will push vog to the south and west side of the island.
Due to volcanic activity, the following polices are in effect:
- Due to active lava near houses in Kapoho, access by residents is not allowed.
- Due to frequent earthquakes, residents in the Volcano area are advised to monitor utility connections of gas, electricity, and water after earthquakes.
- Under Emergency Provisions, any looting or vandalism during an emergency is treated as a felony.
- Law enforcement agencies are enforcing the Federal Aviation Administration’s Temporary Flight Restriction. No aircraft or drone activity is allowed within the Temporary Flight Restriction.
Disaster assistance is available island-wide to individuals and businesses in Hawaii County that have been affected by the Kilauea eruption.
- You can register for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (also referred to as FEMA) in-person by visiting the Disaster Recovery Center, by calling 1-800-621-3362 (FEMA), or online at disasterassistance.gov.
- The Disaster Recovery Center is open daily from 8am to 8pm, and is located at the Keaau High School Gym. If you need a ride, buses will resume running between the two shelters and the Disaster Recovery Center between 7:30 am and 9:00 pm.
- For more resources to help you recover from this disaster, please visit the county website.
The Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources issued this statement about another citation in the are of the lava:
Yesterday, Mr. Roman V. ANDRYUSHKIN (M)(43) of Russia was contacted while in a closed disaster area near the Nanawale Forest Reserve & Lava Tree State Park. Informants in the area who had proper permission to be in the area, reported that Andryushkin was seen operating a Red colored Drone while in the closed area. Upon officers arrival Andryushkin was cited for loitering in a disaster area and his red colored Drone confiscated as evidence. More charges involving the use of the Drone pending further investigation. This was the 83rd citation issued since the beginning of the eruption.