(BIVN) – There were 865 newly reported cases of COVID-19 in the State of Hawaiʻi on Friday, down from the 1,068 cases identified on Thursday. There were 131 new cases identified today on Hawaiʻi island, down from the 169 cases reported the day before.
There were seven (7) deaths with COVID-19 reported statewide.
A record 446 patients who are COVID positive are hospitalized across the State of Hawaiʻi. “All the models we have say the hospitalization numbers will continue to climb, at least into September if not through most of September,” says Hilton Raethel, the President and CEO of the Healthcare Association of Hawaiʻi.
Health officials are currently monitoring 1,808 active cases on Hawaiʻi island. The test positivity rate in Hawaiʻi County over the last 14 days is up to 8.2%. There has been a 14-day average of 122 new cases per day.
On the Health Department’s zip code area map showing reported COVID-19 cases with onset dates in the past 14 days, there are now seventeen (17) zip code areas on the Big Island showing over 10 cases. Nine (9) of those zip code areas are showing over 50 cases, with two areas (Kona and Hilo) identifying over 400 new cases in 14 days. Zip code areas not listed below have recorded less than 10 cases in 14 days.
- 96720 (Hilo) – 462 cases
- 96740 (Kona) – 447 cases
- 96743 (Kohala) – 106 cases
- 96738 (S. Kohala) – 59 cases
- 96719 (N. Kohala) – 11 cases
- 96755 (N. Kohala) – 23 cases
- 96727 (Hāmākua) – 75 cases
- 96773* (N. Hilo) – 15 cases
- 96783 (Pepeʻekeo) – 28 cases
- 96749 (Puna) – 151 cases
- 96760 (Puna) – 31 cases
- 96771 (Puna mauka) – 49 cases
- 96778 (Puna makai) – 89 cases
- 96725 (Kona) – 44 cases
- 96750 (Kona) – 66 cases
- 96704* (South Kona) – 81 cases
- 96737 (Ocean View) – 17 cases
* The 96773 zip code area includes zip code areas 96710, 96774, 96728, 96764, and 96780. The 96704 zip code area includes zip code areas 96726.
UPDATE – Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense says the following community testing and vaccination clinics are scheduled for Saturday, September 4:
- Hilo: testing at Afook-Chinen Civic Auditorium from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Hilo: vaccination and testing at Hilo Lanes from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Kona: vaccination and testing at Kona International Market from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Kohala: vaccination and testing at Waimea District Park from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
To date, the State of Hawaiʻi says 1,882,907 cumulative doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Health officials say 63.8% percent of the State population has been fully vaccinated. 72.1% of the population has initiated vaccination. On Hawaiʻi island, 60% has completed vaccination.
by Big Island Video News
HAWAIʻI - Hawaiʻi today reached a record number of COVID positive patients hospitalized across the state, and officials say that number will continue to climb.