Possible leakage or abnormal high use leads to Water Conservation status
Notice from Hawaii County Water Supply
HILO, Hawaii: WATER CONSERVATION NOTICE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
AFFECTED AREA: ALL WATER SUPPLY CUSTOMERS IN PANA’EWA, WAIAKEA, AND WAIAKEA UKA INCLUDING ALL OF HAlHAI STREET, AINAOLA DRIVE, KUPULAU STREET, UPPER KAWAILANI STREET, PALM STREET AND ALL ROADS WITHIN PANA’EWA FARM LOTS; SOUTH HULO, HAWAI’I
Due to a possible leakage or abnormal high use, tank levels have reduced to the point where the system may not be able to keep up during peak-demand hours. Department ofWater Supply customers in the affected area are now under a Water Conservation status. Water Supply workers continue to investigate this situation, and up to date information will become available as soon as possible. With everyone’s full cooperation, daily water needs can be met during this period.
Water Conservation calls for a voluntary 10% reduction in water use. Listed are some ways to conserve water and reach the 10% goal:
- Wash only full loads of laundry or dishes at a time.
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks.
- Keep a container of drinking water in the refrigerator.
- Do not let water run when you wash, shave, or brush your teeth.
- Reduce showering times.
- Use water-saving devices.
- Use a broom instead of a water hose for cleaning.
- Irrigate at night and with a pail for small jobs.
All agricultural users: keep water usage at a minimum. Irrigate only at night and during non-peak hours, from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Minimize water use for dust control. Use water wisely.
For more information, please contact Mr. Daryl Ikeda at 961-8790.