HILO, Hawaii: Work on one of Hilo’s growing arterial roadways will start in a few weeks.
The Hawaii County Office of the Mayor says:
Integrated Construction Inc., contractors for the roadwork along West Kawailani Street in South Hilo, will begin mobilizing at the site the first week in May with construction to follow. Alternate lane closures throughout most of the project will begin from Kanoelani Street to the ‘Āinaola Drive & Pōhakulani Street intersection weekdays 8:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Hawaiian Telcom and the Department of Public Works are relocating utilities in preparation of future work from Kanoelani to Kuhilani Street, and portions of ‘Āinaola. 80 percent of the $1 million project is funded by the Federal Highway Administration, and the remaining 20 percent by the County. Completion is scheduled for 2013.