KEALAKEHE, Hawaii – Hawaii’s governor is about to hold his second “Cabinet in Your Community” event on Hawaii Island, and the first ever in Kona.
Governor Neil Abercrombie has invited the West Hawaii community to meet with him and various department heads serving in his administration at the Kealakehe Intermediate School Cafeteria on Thursday, August 15.
The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a general assembly and remarks by the governor, before going into ” breakout sessions focused on areas of greatest importance to the people of West Hawaii, as identified by island legislators and community members” lasting until 7:30 p.m.
It sounds like the format will be similar to the event held at the University of Hawaii-Hilo a few weeks ago. Big Island Video News covered portions of the event.
Governor holds “Cabinet in Your Community” for Hilo – July 23
According to the Governor’s office, the following department heads will be present:
- Gov. Neil Abercrombie
- Executive Office on Early Learning Director GG Weisenfeld
- Department of Agriculture Chair Russell Kokubun
- Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Chair Jobie Masagatani
- Department of Health Deputy Director (Behavioral Health) Lynn Fallin and Deputy Director (Environment) Gary Gill
- Department of Human Services Director Pat McManaman, Administrator (Benefit, Employment and Support Services Division) Pankaj Bhanot, and Hawaii Public Housing Authority Executive Director Hakim Ouansafi
- Department of Land and Natural Resources Chair William J. Aila, Jr.
- Department of Transportation Director Glenn Okimoto, Deputy Director (Capital Improvement Projects) Jadine Urasaki, and Deputy Director (Airports) Ford Fuchigami