- A high wind warning is in effect until 6 a.m. HST Sunday for the Big Island summits. Southwest to west winds are expected to be 50 to 90 miles per hour with localized gusts over 105 miles per hour.
- A high wind advisory is in effect for the rest of the island, with the exception of the normally gusty south Kohala coast. Southwest winds 20 to 35 miles per hour with localized gusts over 50 mph, especially to the north and east of the mountains according to the National Weather Service.
- The road to the summit of Mauna Kea is currently closed due to high winds. Rangers will continue monitoring summit road and weather conditions.
- The summit of Mauna Loa remains closed to both day and overnight hiking, reports the National Park Service. Red Hill remains open but hikers are cautioned to expect inclement weather.
- There is also a High Surf Advisory for south and east facing shores on the Big Island. Surf heights of 6 to 8 feet are forecast. The waves will diminish Sunday.