- (:15) – “This morning’s assessment continues to show very little activity in the down slope areas,” according to recent civil defense messages.
- (:34) – A “Thank You” Party was held this Sunday at the Island Naturals store in Pahoa. After playing some music with his band, Terrapin Station, store owner and Hawaii State Senator Russell Ruderman spoke with Big Island Video News.
- (1:00) – Ruderman recalled the Pele party held in September 2014, when Pahoa’s outlook was not so positive. At that time, Ruderman addressed the Hawaii County Council, saying “don’t write Pahoa’s obituary yet…” Ruderman says the town saw a 10 to 15 percent decrease in population at that time.
- (3:15) – Sen. Ruderman pushed a few lava related bills at the state legislature this year. An important insurance relief bill has so far passed the through the Senate, with a companion bill having also passed the House. The senator also talked about money for an alternative road out of Puna and a resolution for a feasibility study for a harbor or an airstrip in the district.
- (7:20) – Sen. Ruderman also has high hopes that funding to fight albizia will be secured as a line item in the budget. A high wind event in January was a reminder that even without a hurricane, strong winds can still topple the invasive trees across Puna.