KA’U – A series of topic-focused Steering Committee meetings has been scheduled to review community feedback and make preliminary decisions about revisions to the Draft Ka‘ū CDP. The Hawaii County Planning Department made the announcement on Monday. Here are the times and places:
- Tuesday, August 11, 5:30-8:30pm, Pāhala Community Center: Town Infill & Agricultural Subdivision
- Saturday, August 15, 1:00-4:00pm, Ocean View Community Center: Ocean View Development & Special Permits
- Tuesday, August 18, 5:30-8:30pm, Nāʻālehu Community Center: Coastal Development & Management
- Tuesday, August 25, 5:30-8:30pm, Discovery Harbour Community Center: Discovery Harbour Area Development
- Saturday, August 29, 9:00am–noon, Nāʻālehu Community Center: Economic Development
The meeting ending times are approximate, and other meetings may be scheduled as needed. Meeting agendas and more information about the meeting topics and format will be shared as the dates approach. As always, these Steering Committee meetings will be open to the community, and public testimony is welcome.
The CDP Planning Team plans to provide materials in advance of each meeting that bring into clear focus the public input, critical issues, and alternative strategies related to each topic. Each meeting will be actively facilitated to help the Steering Committee consider the trade-offs of different strategies. It is hoped that each meeting will conclude with preliminary decisions by the Steering Committee about CDP revisions.
A Steering Committee is also scheduled for Tuesday, September 22, starting at 5:30 at the Nāʻālehu Community Center to make final recommendations for CDP revisions and adoption. Before that meeting, a summary of all CDP revisions being considered will be made available. – Ka’u CDP