WAIPIO VALLEY – The non-profit Pohaha I Ka Lani has been awarded a $83,500 grant to protect, preserve, and restore the Waipi`o Valley Lookout property. The Hawaii County Council Finance Committee approved the grant during its August 18 meeting in Kealakehe.
8/25 – BOARD OF AGRICULTURE
9 a.m. at 1849 Auiki Street – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Request for Consent to Sublease Between the Hamakua Agricultural Cooperative and Lesili Sekona; Lot No. 3, TMK 3rd Div/4-3-003:004 (por), Opihilala & Hauola, Hamakua, Island of Hawaii
- Request for Conversion of Revocable Permit No. S-7434; Jill J. Mattos dba R.J. Ranch; Lot No. 007, TMK 3rd Div/ 4-6-002:007 (por); Kawela and Papaki, Hamakua, Hawaii
- Request for Consent to Sublease Between the Hamakua Agricultural Cooperative and Lindsey Rose Thomas-Cypret; Lot No. 11, TMK 3rd Div/4-6-003:003 (por), Honokaia Makai Tract, Hamakua, Island of Hawaii
- Honokaa Fire Station Re-roofing: Advertised on Aug. 17, 2015. Estimated cost $145,000.
- Hakalau Bridge Rehabilitation – Kanna Road: Advertised on Aug. 4, 2015. Estimated cost $150,000.
- AUG. 25th – Community Meeting on Waipio Access Road: 6 pm at Honoka’a Complex Gym
- AUG. 29th – Laupahoehoe Health & Safety Fair: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm at Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School
- HAKALAU: (weekend/night work) Alternating lane closures on Umauma Bridge in the vicinity of Hakalau (Route 19, Milepost 16) in both directions over a twenty-four hour period, seven days a week for bridge rehabilitation. Travel speed on Umauma Bridge is reduced to 20-mph, and vehicles that exceed statutory size-weight limits will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis upon application of their respective oversize-overweight vehicle permits. Maximum width for any vehicle with permit passing over the bridge is 12 feet.
- KAAWALII GULCH: (weekend) Alternating single lane closures on Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19) in both directions between Jardine Road and Old Mamalahoa Highway in the vicinity of Kaawalii Gulch on Friday, Aug. 21, through Saturday, Aug. 22, and Monday, Aug. 24, through Friday, Aug. 28, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., daily, for roadway improvements.
- LAUPAHOEHOE GULCH: Alternating single lane closures on Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19) in both directions between Jardine Road and Puualaea Homestead Road in the vicinity of Laupahoehoe Gulch on Monday, Aug. 24, through Friday, Aug. 28, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for roadway improvements.
- PEPEEKEO TO HAKALAU: Alternating single lane closures on Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19) in both directions between Kulaimano Road and Kauniho Road in the vicinity of Pepeekeo to Hakalau on Monday, Aug. 24, through Friday, Aug. 28, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for roadway improvements.