HILO, Hawaii – On September 9, Big Island Video News filmed a forum presented by the Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce entitled “It’s All About Electricity: The HEI-NextEra Energy Deal”. The event was held at the Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo and the discussion was moderated by Sherry Bracken.
The panelists included:
- Eric Gleason, President of Nextera Energy Transmission
- Jay Ignacio, President of HELCO
- Hermita Morita, former chair of the Public Utilities Commission
- Will Rolston, Hawaii County’s Energy Coordinator
- Jeffrey Ono, the Executive Director of the State Division of Consumer Advocacy
- Marco Mangelsdorf, spokesperson for the Hawaii Island Energy Cooperative.