HILO, Hawaii – Envision Maunakea, a process that facilitators hope will gather a diverse and inclusive response on the future of Hawaii’s tallest mountain, was brought before the Mauna Kea Management Board in Hilo on Wednesday.
Notes from the featured video:
- 00:00 – Susan Maddox, the executive team leader of the Waimea-based Friends Of The Future, introduces the Envision Maunakea process to the Mauna Kea Managament Board during its monthly meeting in Hilo.
- 04:00 – MKMB member Lehua Vincent asks Maddox about her own vision for Mauna Kea, and also asks the board about MKMB’s role in this process.
- 07:10 – Board member Doug Simons speaks in support of the effort.
- 10:00 – Dwight Vicente speaks out on the crown lands and related jurisdictional issues.
- 11:00 – MKMB member Herring Kalua shares his thoughts.
- 15:00 – Maddox answers more questions about the process.
- 18:55 – Davin Vicente speaks about the need for better Mauna Kea Management Board engagement with the community.
- 22:35 – Cory Harden asks about the Friends of the Future and the source of their funding for the Envision Manakea effort.