- On Friday, President Donald Trump will travel to Hawaii, the first stop on his trip before departing for Asia.
- Reports say the day-long trip to Hawaii will include a visit the USS Arizona Memorial and a briefing from U.S. Pacific Command.
- The stop precedes his inaugural visit to Asia, a 13-day, five-country tour to Japan, South Korea, China, Vietnam and the Philippines.
- The Hawaii Department of Transportation said that although it is not provided advance information regarding the President’s specific travel plans, times and routes, they do say “motorists are encouraged to account for extra travel time Friday between 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. between Waikiki and Pearl Harbor.”
- Coast Guard personnel, federal, state and local law enforcement partners will enforce a security zone in waters off Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Oahu, Friday and Saturday.
by Big Island Video News
HONOLULU, Hawaii - Road closures and high security will be enacted on Oahu as the president begins his 13 day trip to Asia with a stop in Hawaii.