Organizers seeking featured artwork of the 42nd Annual Festival
Media release from the Kona Coffee Cultural Festival
KONA, Hawaii: The Kona Coffee Cultural Festival, the organization responsible for preserving, perpetuating and promoting Kona’s 184-years of unique coffee heritage, unveiled the 2012 theme of the 42nd Annual Kona Coffee Cultural Festival. This year’s theme “Kona Coffee-100% Gourmet” highlights the distinctive history and culture of Kona coffee pioneers, farmers and artisans that celebrate Kona’s hand-picked, gourmet coffee.
As an important component of each year’s Festival artists are invited to submit their work, inspired by the 2012 theme, for the opportunity to be the featured artwork of the 42nd Annual Festival. The winning artwork will be the feature on the 2012 Festival’s button, poster, t-shirt, website, magazine and other promotional materials, giving the winning artist great exposure among the thousands of festival-goers.
The Festival is looking for paintings that clearly express the theme of this year’s Kona Coffee Cultural Festival “Kona Coffee-100% Gourmet.” The winning artist will receive a complimentary booth to show their artwork at several events during the Festival’s 10-days and a feature article in the Kona Coffee Cultural Festival magazine.
- Deadline for submissions is Monday, April 9, 2012. The winning artist will be notified in writing.
- The Kona Coffee Cultural Festival has full image usage rights in perpetuity for the 2012 Festival winning artwork and for any future Festival needs.
- Submissions may be original artwork or a digital file of art. The winning artist may be asked to work with the Festival to prepare a final image.
- If submitting artwork electronically, file should be at 300 dpi, approximately 8″ in its longest dimension. Winning art if submitted digitally may require a higher resolution file for print collateral.
- Most Festival promotional collateral is either vertical or square.
- No typography should be in the artwork.
- Please include a short artist bio with each submission. A description of the submission is optional but not required.
Submissions should be delivered on or before Monday, April 9, 2012 to Malia Bolton, Kona Coffee & Tea Company, 74-5035 Queen Kaahumanu Highway, Kailua Kona or electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “festival submission.”
For more information or to request a copy of the artwork rules and guidelines, contact Malia Bolton at 808-896-7907.