Steering Committee meets in Laupahoehoe on Tuesday
From the Hamakua CDP Community Planning Assistant
LAUPAHOEHOE, Hawaii: Join us for our next Steering Committee Meeting, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5-7:30 pm at the Laupāhoehoe Library Humanities Room
On the Agenda is:
- Final Regional Workshop Preparations
- Presentation on “Public Access with Kuleana,” a project that was inspired by the CDP and received implementation grant funding to be applied in Pepe’ekeō
Also, the HCDP Steering Committee would like to invite you to the Regional Community Planning Workshops where everyone can talk story about proposed CDP strategies regarding things like improving the economy and where and how communities should grow. The dates, times, and venues are as follows:
- Thursday, March 29, 2012 (5:00 – 9:00 p.m.) at NHERC in Honoka’a where we will be focusing on Hāmākua & N. Hilo Issues.
- Friday, March 30, 2012 (5:00 – 9:00 p.m) at the Pāpa‘ikou Gym where we will be focusing on Rural South Hilo & N. Hilo Issues.
- Sunday, April 1, 2012 (Starting @ 12 Noon) at Laupāhoehoe Point Gym awhere we will be focusing on the CDP Planning Area: with a report-back of the first sessions and a celebration of the Hāmākua community with local food, entertainment, and prize drawings.
We encourage you to attend a workshop focused on your community as well as the Sunday Celebration which will pull everything together. Each event will feature local food, and we also invite the community to bring potluck dishes to share.
Mahalo again for all your community support! We look forward to seeing you at our next CDP Steering Committee meeting and as the Hāmākua CDP process moves forward!