(BIVN) – The parking lot of the Panda Express on Maka’ala Street in Hilo was empty today, after a Friday morning kitchen fire.
The Hawaii County Fire Department reports they arrived on the scene shortly after 6:30 a.m. and found a small fire confined to the kitchen area of the restaurant.
There were no occupants, employees or patrons, firefighters said. The firefighters “used forcible entry to gain access to the interior. While assessing the interior, firefighters found a propane gas line to an appliance on fire. HFD personnel shut off the gas supply to the appliance and there were no further damages.”
The scene has been turned over to the police department. The circumstances of the fire is undetermined.
by Big Island Video News
HILO, Hawaii - Hilo's fast-food Chinese restaurant was closed this morning following a reported kitchen fire that was extinguished by firefighters.