- Mauna Kea Access Road: Open (4-Wheel Drive Only). The Visitor Information Station remains closed and no services or facilities are available.
- POLICE HAVE IDENTIFIED THE BODY found off the Saddle Road on June 16 as 32-year-old Joshua M. Kahele, who had no permanent address. An autopsy report received this month confirmed that he died from asphyxia due to hanging, police report.
TMT / Ku Kia’i Mauna
- Lā 122: One hundred and twenty two days since the start of the blockade on the Mauna Kea Access Road by opponents of the Thirty Meter Telescope.
- DLNR GAVE THIRD NOTICE to the self proclaimed protectors of Mauna Kea who are maintaining an around the clock vigil near the Visitors Center crosswalk. “DLNR came by this morning just to check in with us,” Lākea Trask reported Saturday morning. “They didnt try to serve us anything, just exchange some aloha.” (VIDEO: DLNR Gives Third Notice On Mauna Kea)
- Hunting Hiatus: Hunting will be on a hiatus at Pohakuloa for three weeks as “Army staff focus on enhancing U.S. Army Garrison Pohakuloa’s hunting program,” according to the U.S. Army Garrison PTA. The hiatus runs July 18 through August 3.
- Hunting survey: The public is invited to take an online survey about hunting at Pohakuloa. The community can complete the survey online through Aug. 21. It takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete. (MORE: PTA Hunting Survey)