HILO, Hawaii – Contracts for three different water well repair projects in North Kona were approved by the Hawaii County Board of Water Supply on Tuesday.
North Kona is currently under a mandatory Water Restriction Notice, requiring consumers to reduce water consumption by 25%. Four water wells that service the area are currently down and in need of repairs.
Derrick’s Well Drilling & Pump Services, LLC, bid on and was awarded the contracts to fix the Keopu Deepwell, Hualalai Deepwell, and Palani Deepwell.
For Kona residents under the water restriction, the Department of Water Supply recommends the following conservation techniques:
- Stop lawn sprinkling.
- Stop car and boat washing.
- Stop dust control watering.
- Wash only full loads of laundry or dishes at a time.
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks.
- Serve drinking water only when requested.
- Keep a container of drinking water in the refrigerator. Use drinking water wisely.
- Do not let water run unnecessarily. Please shut the water off when you wash or brush your teeth. Use a glass to rinse when brushing your teeth.
- When bathing or showering, use water only to wet and rinse off.
- Do not fill up the bathtub.
- Do not flush toilets unnecessarily.
Water Supply also says all agricultural users should keep water usage to a minimum. Irrigate only at night from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. This measure will reduce water loss due to evaporation, and minimize water system usage
during peak demand, officials say.
by Big Island Video News
HILO (BIVN) - The Board of Wter Supply was gave their stamp of approval for three different well repair projects in North Kona, which is currently under a water restriction.