(BIVN) – The Hawaiʻi Fire Department reports a large brushfire located in the area of Kaʻaluaʻalu near South Point in Kaʻū.
The Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense on Sunday morning issued the following advisories:
- No communities are threatened at this time.
- There are no roadway closures. Motorist should be on the lookout for emergency vehicles.
- Smoke from the fire may affect visibility for driving and air quality for adjacent communities.
- Persons are requested to stay out of the active fire area.
- Additional Closures may occur without notice.
UPDATE – (11 a.m.) – South Point Road in Kaʻū will be closed until further notice due to the brush fire near the shoreline, the Hawaiʻi Police Department says.
by Big Island Video News
KAʻŪ, Hawaiʻi - No communities are threatened at this time, civil defense says, and there are no roadway closures. Motorist should be on the lookout for emergency vehicles.