(BIVN) – The Hawaiʻi Fire Department reports a large brushfire located in the area of Kaʻaluaʻalu near South Point in Kaʻū.
The Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense on Sunday morning issued the following advisories:
- No communities are threatened at this time.
- There are no roadway closures. Motorist should be on the lookout for emergency vehicles.
- Smoke from the fire may affect visibility for driving and air quality for adjacent communities.
- Persons are requested to stay out of the active fire area.
- Additional Closures may occur without notice.
UPDATE – (11 a.m.) – South Point Road in Kaʻū will be closed until further notice due to the brush fire near the shoreline, the Hawaiʻi Police Department says.