(BIVN) – There were 311 newly reported cases of COVID-19 in the State of Hawaiʻi on Friday, up from the 289 cases reported on Thursday. Of that number, 41 new cases were identified on Hawaiʻi island, up from the 38 cases reported the day before.
Health officials are currently monitoring 745 active cases on Hawaiʻi island. There has been a 14-day average of 34 new cases per day on the Big Island, and the average test positivity rate for the same time period is down to 3.9%.
On the Health Department’s zip code area map showing reported COVID-19 cases with onset dates in the past 14 days, there are eleven (11) zip code areas on the Big Island showing over 10 cases, with four (4) of those areas showing over 50 cases. Zip code areas not listed below have recorded less than 10 cases in 14 days.
- 96720 (Hilo) – 189 cases
- 96783 (Pepeʻekeo) – 11 cases
- 96727 (Honokaʻa) – 15 cases
- 96755 (Kapaʻau) – 17 cases
- 96743 (Kohala/Waimea) – 42 cases
- 96738 (Waikoloa) – 28 cases
- 96740 (Kona) – 108 cases
- 96704* (South Kona) – 15 cases
- 96749 (Puna/Keaʻau) – 94 cases
- 96771 (Puna mauka) – 29 cases
- 96778 (Puna makai) – 75 cases
* The 96704 zip code area includes zip code areas 96726.
The County of Hawaiʻi says community testing is scheduled for today (Friday) at the following locations:
- North Kona at Old Kona Airport Pavilion from 12 noon to 5 p.m.
- Puna at Pāhoa Community Center from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The County of Hawaiʻi says community testing is scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) at the following locations:
- Hilo at Afook-Chinen Civic Auditorium from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- South Kohala at the Waimea District Park from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- North Kona at Old Kona Airport Pavilion from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The State of Hawaiʻi says 2,800,715 total COVID-19 vaccines have been administered. Health officials say 76.4% percent of the State population has been fully vaccinated. 83.6% of the population has initiated vaccination, and 37.2% has gotten a third dose. On Hawaiʻi island, 67% has completed vaccination.