(BIVN) – Hawaiʻi Community College is promoting an open house and career fair set for Saturday, April 22, as part of “Hawaiʻi Community College Day”.
According to a Hawaiʻi CC news release, the event will feature:
- A college fair with Hawai‘i CC academic programs sharing information and activities
- A career and resource fair with more than 30 businesses and organizations
- Live music by Lopaka Kenoi and CJ Kama (starting at noon)
- Food trucks
- Earth Day activities
- Food distribution in partnership with The Food Basket (starting at noon)
- A car show presented by the Auto Body Repair & Painting Program
The event is presented in partnership with the County of Hawaiʻi.
“April is National Community College Month, and we are honored to welcome the community to campus for this special event,” said Chancellor Rachel Solemsaas. “Hawai‘i Community College Day is the perfect opportunity for residents to connect with our programs of study and network with local businesses to learn more about the college and career options available in their community.”
From the news release:
Hawai‘i CC is based in Hilo with a second campus, Hawaiʻi CC–Pālamanui, in Kona and a learning center in Honokaʻa. Hawai‘i CC offers career and technical education programs that prepare students for the workforce. The college also offers affordable pathways to bachelor’s degrees by delivering associate degree programs designed to allow students to seamlessly transfer to four-year colleges and universities.